Travel Information: COVID‐19 Update
The well-being of our guests, team members, and our community are our highest priority. We want to assure you that we are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation very closely and are making every possible effort to keep you informed. We aim to provide the level of comfort and service that you need to confidently travel, plan, and manage your booking during these unprecedented circumstances.
To promote the health and safety of our guests, team members and community, face coverings are now required for all guests and associates in all indoor public areas.
Amenities and services at our hotel
Following provincial regulations, and with health and safety as our top priority, as of June 26, 2020 we will be re-opening select services while respecting safe physical distancing. The following services will be open, with modifications:
- Geothermal Mineral Water Pool - Hotel Guests and Public Guests
- Sun Tree Spa open from 8:00am – 10:00pm
- Morningsides Café open from 8:00am – 10:00pm
- Harwood’s Restaurant & Lounge open for take-out only
- Meeting and event space will have a maximum capacity of 30 attendees
To ensure the health and safety of all our guests, the following services remain temporarily closed:
- Fitness Centre & Steam Room
- In Room Dining Delivery, Takeaway Options Available
We know this is inconvenient and is contrary to our desire to do whatever we can to make your stay comfortable and easy, but we hope that this action will help flatten the curve, and keep you safe.
We continue to closely monitor the Health Canada, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID‐19) cases and follow guidance from these agencies, our government and local health departments.
Our Cancellation Policy:
We are waiving individual cancellation fees up to 48 hours prior to arrival, for hotel stays through June 1, 2021.
- For bookings made through a travel agent or online booking platform (i.e. Booking.com, Expedia), please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions.
- Groups & Meetings Bookings: We will work with our customers to manage any changes needed to Group & Meeting bookings on a case by case basis. Our hotel is actively supporting groups and meetings organizers to address the needs of each group, including moving event dates to another time, in line with terms and conditions of that booking.
We continue to monitor the evolving situation and will be keeping this policy under review.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously, and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. On a daily basis, our hotel prioritizes sanitation to meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our hotels’ health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID‐19, and include everything from hand washing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge: Hotel associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we are supporting them:
Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID‐19 awareness training.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our hotel uses Health Canada approved cleaning products and recommended protocols, which are proven to be effective against a broad spectrum of viruses.
Guest Rooms: Hotels use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high‐touch items.
Public Spaces: Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
Back of House: In the spaces where associates work "behind the scenes," hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high‐touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
For the most updated information, please refer to the following or your local health authority.
February 3, 2021