Spring Brings Weddings at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa
With spring right around the corner, many brides are in high gear planning their 2019 wedding.
According to The Knot and confirmed by our wedding experts, some of the fresh trends you can expect to see throughout this wedding season include:
- Themed weddings (think Game of Thrones or Star Wars) that incorporate whimsy and ditch the traditional monochromatic color theme for vibrant, rich colors like fuchsia, midnight blues, emeralds and bold burgundy!
- The trending spirit … GIN! It is the quintessential liquor and makes the perfect mixer for mainstay classics!
- Lighting enters the spotlight with upgrades with bespoke options like basket lanterns, neon installations and subtle coloured taper candles.
- Did you know that smell is the sense most closely linked to memory? Brand your wedding with something that can’t be seen but rather smelled. Custom blends crafted for your wedding can be spritzed on invites or used in custom candles as wedding favours.
- Whether boxed correspondence or a video message from the to-be-weds, invites set the stage for an epic event.
- Location is everything. We offer a unique two-level ballroom, outstanding spa and dining experiences, welcoming accommodations (for out of town guests) and a gorgeous park-side setting as backdrop, along with customized packages. And best of all, our creative and caring wedding team take care of the details, ensuring your special day is everything you dreamed of.
Brides! Book your wedding before March 31 and we offer 2018 menu pricing for all 2019 and 2020 weddings! Contact us at 306-693-3522 ext. 6637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
February is for Fun
In honour of two special holidays this month - Valentine’s Day and Family Day - we’ve put together our top 5 lists for February fun!
Valentine’s Day (Now through February 14)
Make it a vacation or staycation to Moose Jaw for a romantic Share the Love getaway that includes luxurious suite accommodations, welcome gift, complimentary parking and 25% off in-room dining and more, all while enjoying our romantic recommendations …
- Relax during a sensory couples’ massage in our Sun Tree Spa.
- Cuddle up for a movie with your amour at Galaxy Cinemas.
- Play some games at Casino Moose Jaw.
- Savor Chef’s signature special along with seasonal sides at Harwood’s Restaurant & Lounge.
- Rejuvenate in the warming waters of our indoor/outdoor geothermal mineral pool.
Family Day (February 18) and Spring Break
Moose Jaw offers an abundance of family-friendly things to see and do and here are some of our particular favourites …
- Western Development Museum shares so much of our history, highlighting artifacts that changed the face of the prairies.
- Prairie Storm Paintball is a fun way to spend the day with inside and outside shooting for players of all ages and skill levels!
- Enjoy WINTERFEST at Wakamow Valley Park on February 16. A free family event with snowshoeing, crafts, games, wagon rides and concessions available throughout the day.
- Explore the Tunnels of Moose Jaw as you relive the bootlegging days.
- A family outing to Moose Jaw isn’t complete without a visit—and family photo—with iconic Mac the Moose.
For an extended family getaway, be sure to check out our special fourth-night free package.
New Year and New You at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa
As with each new year, we start with resolutions, some attainable, some less likely to stick. What about a new resolution that is fun and fits with your fitness goals?
That’s where our aquatic exercise programs come in, including Therapeutic Aquatics, offered Monday thru Thursday (September through April) and Gentle Water Yoga, available year-round on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Times vary so please visit pool programs for times.
The benefits of our geothermal aquatic exercise programs include:
- Less weight bearing on joints making it easier and less painful.
- Water activities are a whole-body workout.
- Our geothermal mineral pool is kept at a relaxing temperature.
- Exercising in water improves ease of movement.
- Stress is reduced while you’re having fun!
Located on what was once an ancient seabed, our geothermal pool provides therapeutic mineral water heated at a constant temperature of 45 degree Celsius (113 Fahrenheit). The chemistry of our geothermal mineral water is similar to the likes of Bath, England with compounds including Epsom and Glauber’s Salts. It is fair to say that our indoor/outdoor pool experience is one of our most popular amenities!
We can’t wait for you to experience one of our programs … after all the best workout is one that doesn’t seem like exercise at all!
Please note: Our pool programs are always complimentary to our hotel guests. For community members, classes are included with paid admission to the pool.